Friday, September 18, 2009

Mesohori Karpathos

Last week I went with my grandma, aunt, and uncle to Mesohori, a beautiful picturesque village here in Karpathos. We walked around and I took some great pictures to share. 






An old fourno where people would bake bread.



A little monastery near the edge of town overlooking the ocean.

This is a picture of the vrisi, where villagers come to visit and fill up jugs to drink fresh water. If only we had this luxury back home in NYC.

I turned a corner and instantly fell in love with this image. The stairs, the door, and the plants aligned oh so perfectly.....

Check out the basil plant, I mean tree, to the left of the door. Is this even possible? This is a cute taverna at the top of the village.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love your blog! My name is Marianna i am an American Karpathian and live most of the year in Menetes avillage in the south of Karpathos.If you happen to pass by the village stop by the folclore museum.My father is there every day 9 to 11 possesing a wealth of info about life and traditions in Karpathos.

Anna Alexopoulos said...

Hi Marianna! I've never been to Menetes, but my cousin's wife is from there. If I have a chance to go I will visit your father. I leave next week, otherwise next year!